IPMA WC2017 congress program committee issues call for papers on breakthrough competencies for managing change
22 February 2015 – Zurich, Switzerland and Astana, Kazakhstan – The call for papers for the 30th IPMA World Congress has been issued and is open through 30 April 2017. IPMA’s 30th Anniversary World Congress under the theme of “Breakthrough Competencies for Managing Change” will be held on the campus of Nazarbayev University in Astana, Kazakhstan during 5-7 September 2017. Visit the IPMA World Congress website here for more information.
The IPMA World Congress has for several decades been one of the world’s leading conferences on project, program and portfolio management, bringing together business professionals, practitioners, managers and representatives of global companies, leading scientists, educators, professors and students, representatives of various sectors and occupations, NGOs and the media. The congress includes three inspiring days with a comprehensive program of best practices, new insights and academic findings combined with world class awards, book launches, networking opportunities, site visits, the renowned IPMA Awards Gala, social events and more.
Kazakhstan Project Management Association and Nursultan Nazarbayev Educational Foundation act as organizers of this Congress. Nazarbayev University acts as a General partner of the Congress. The Ministry for Investment and Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan and Akimat of Astana serve as Coordinators for the Congress organization.
About 1,000 national and foreign participants from over 60 countries plan to take part in the Congress. In the light of the future work the Kazakhstan is given a unique opportunity to obtain and study the world’s best practices of project management application in various fields of human activity and submit the best Kazakh projects to the world project management community.
Project management researchers, professors, students and teachers, as well as executives, practicing professionals and professional leaders are now invited to submit abstracts for scientific papers, professional presentations, panel discussions, workshops and special sessions for the congress. Program topics are expected to be as follows:
Block 1 (Academic):
- Methodologies for the development of personnel competence in PM
- Global challenges, trends and models for the development of organizational competence in PM
- Development of knowledge systems and formation of competences in PM
- Cognitive modeling in organizations’ competence development in PM
- Development of competences in PM based on scientific research and educational programs
Block 2 (Practitioners):
- Innovative development of PM competences in the real economy sectors: I. Energy II. Mechanical engineering III. Information and communication technologies IV. Space research V. Environmental and natural studies
- Breakthrough technologies for creation and migration of values in PM of organization
- Development Breakthrough technologies and competence development of high-tech Companies
Block 3 (Government bodies):
- Competence development of public sector (public administration) in program management
- Europe-China “Silk Way” stream
- Green Technologies (EXPO 2017)
Those papers with the best rating will be selected to present at the WC2017. Conference language is English. For more information, contact email@example.com
Plan to visit beautiful Astana, capital city of Kazakhstan and host city for EXPO2017 to attend the 30th Anniversary IPMA World Congress.
Founded in 1965 and registered in Switzerland, the International Project Management Association (IPMA) is the world’s oldest international project management professional organization. IPMA is a federation of more than 50 national project management societies in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas. IPMA sponsors research, standards, awards, seminars, an annual world congress and the IPMA Young Crew, all related to professional project, programme and portfolio management. For more information about IPMA, visit http://www.ipma.world/.