CALLS FOR PAPERS
Share knowledge and help create the world’s most global and influential online publication for program and project management
25 January 2013 – Dallas, London, Sydney – A Call for Papers for the March 2014 edition of the PM World Journal (PMWJ) has been issued. Project management researchers, experts, professional leaders, practicing project managers and executives of project-oriented organizations are invited to submit an article, paper, report or story for publication in the monthly PMWJ. This is an opportunity to advance your career, share knowledge and gain visibility for yourself and your organization. Submit an original work now for publication in the March 2014 edition.
The PMWJ includes articles and papers in the following categories:
- Featured Papers – professionally researched and referenced papers like those presented at conferences
- Advisory Articles – advice on how to solve a PM problem or address specific issues
- Commentary Articles – short article expressing an opinion or point of view about a program or project management-related topic
- Student Papers – well written research paper by graduate or undergraduate students of project management
- Case Studies – Description of an actual project or program, or how some aspect of program or project management was implemented in an organization – well or badly!
- Personal Stories – short description of a personal experience on a project or related to project management
- Reports – update about PM professional activities, events or developments in a city or region of the world
- Book Reviews – professionally written review of a project management book
- News Stories – articles about actual programs, projects, and P/PM-related research, education, publications, professional activities, events, organizations or people
- Second Editions – previously published papers, originally presented at a project management conference or event, or published in a language other than English.
The PMWJ (ISSN 2330-4480), a non-refereed electronic publication registered with the US Library of Congress, is indexed by EBSCO, the world’s largest intermediary between publishers and libraries. Contents of the PMWJ will be included in EBSCO’s Business Source Complete databases. The PMWJ is a good option for those who wish to publish research results or information quickly. For more information, visit http://pmworldjournal.net/?page_id=9.
According to Managing Editor David Pells, “The reputation of the PMWJ is now growing steadily. We are seeking good articles and papers to continue the momentum. We welcome articles and papers about any aspect of program or project management from anywhere in the world, especially those that might be useful for those managing projects in difficult conditions, emerging economies or challenging environments.”
“Our mission is to support the creation and sharing of new knowledge about program and project management,” Pells adds. “The publishing process is easy. Just email an article or paper to email@example.com; it will be reviewed, reformatted to a standard layout and returned to the author for approval.”
Contents for upcoming editions generally need to be received by the 20th of each month.
The PM World Journal (PMWJ) is a global online publication produced by PM World in the United States, but created by a virtual team of contributors and editors around the world. Each month, the PMWJ features dozens of articles, papers and stories about projects and project management in different countries and industries. To see the latest edition, visit www.pmworldjournal.net. Archives of past editions can be found at http://pmworldlibrary.net/ppm-journals-and-magazines/. PMWJ subscriptions are free.
Editor’s note: We do not publish topic-specific issues of the PM World Journal. Works submitted in response to this call for papers can be published at any time in the future, so please consider sending an original article now or in the future – to firstname.lastname@example.org.