CALLS FOR PAPERS
16 December 2012 – Project management researchers, experts, professional leaders, practicing project managers and executives of project-based organizations are invited to submit an article, paper or story for publication in the monthly PM World Journal (PMWJ). This is an opportunity to share knowledge, get published or gain visibility for yourself and your organization in the global project management community.
The PMWJ seeks articles and papers in the following categories:
- Featured Paper – professionally researched and referenced paper similar to those presented at professional conferences
- Case Study – Description of an actual project or program, or how some aspect of program or project management was implemented in an organization
- Advisory – advice on how to solve a problem or address specific issues related to program or project management
- Commentary – short article expressing an opinion or point of view about a program or project management-related topic, either general or specific
- Student Paper – well written research paper by graduate or undergraduate students of project management, often recommended by a professor or teacher
- Personal Story – short description of a personal experience on a project or related to project management
- Report – update about PM professional activities, events or developments in a city or region of the world; these can provide information from national societies or local branches and chapters of international bodies
- Book Review – professionally written review of a project management book (a template can be provided for book reviews)
- News Stories – articles about actual programs and projects, and P/PM-related research, education, publications, professional activities, events, organizations or people
A separate Category – Second Editions – allows authors to republish papers that have been previously published, presented at a project management conference or event, or originally published in a language other than English.
For more information, visit http://pmworldjournal.net/?page_id=9.
According to Managing Editor David Pells, “Our mission is to support the creation and sharing of new knowledge about program and project management. We welcome articles and papers from anywhere in the world, especially those with advise or knowledge that could be useful for managing projects in different conditions and environments.”
“The publishing process is easy,” he adds. “Just email an article or paper to me; we review for appropriateness, then reformat it to a standard layout and return it to the author for approval. Authors don’t wait long for approval or to see their paper published.”
Launched in August 2012, the PMWJ is published at the beginning of each month, so submittals should be received by the 20th of the month to make it into the next edition.
The PM World Journal (PMWJ) is a global online publication produced by PM World in the United States, but created by a virtual team of contributors and editors around the world. Each month, the PMWJ features dozens of articles, papers and stories about projects and project management in different countries and industries. To see the latest edition or to subscribe, visit www.pmworldjournal.net. Archives of past editions can be found at http://pmworldjournal.net/?page_id=3160.