SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE
The editors and publishers of the PM World Journal (PMWJ) believe that sharing knowledge and experience in program and project management (P/PM) can lead to positive changes in the world. If you have new P/PM knowledge or information, or have knowledge of real solutions based on your personal or organization’s experience, then consider sharing that knowledge or experience with others. You really can Change the World!
The PMWJ is published monthly for a global audience of P/PM practitioners and professionals, both experienced and new to the field. P/PM educators, experts, professionals, researchers, students and professional leaders are invited to submit original works for publication in the following categories:
- Featured Papers – serious, referenced, professional papers; 5-20 pages, preferably less than 10,000 words. Emphasis on creation of new knowledge. Contribute to continuous learning!
- Advisory Articles – Professional advice on how to solve a P/PM problem or address an issue, based on personal expertise, knowledge or experience; 1,000-1,500 words, 6-12 paragraphs. Share your knowledge; help create positive change in the world!
- Commentaries – personal opinions or reflections on some aspect of P/PM; maximum 1,500 words, 6-10 paragraphs. Share your personal perspective; help strengthen the P/PM profession, sometimes through controversy or debate!
- Case Studies – Description or discussion of real world applications of P/PM practices, processes or systems; may be provided by consultants or solutions providers, but cannot be commercial in nature; 3-7 pages, up to 2,500 words. Images and photos encouraged. Share your experience; help others solve the same problems!
- Reports – Reviews of local or regional activities of project management professional organizations, including national PM associations, PMI chapters and such international organizations as AACEi, IPMA and PMI. Reports can be 2-5 pages, up to 2,000 words. Photos encouraged. Share information so others can learn!
- Student Papers – Papers resulting from research for graduate or undergraduate coursework at accredited universities or training programs; 5-20 pages, up to 10,000 words. Share the results of your research; blaze new trails; change the conversation; increase global P/PM knowledge!
- News Stories – Articles about people, organizations, projects or programs, or any aspect of the P/PM field – research, education, professional organizations, industry or other news affecting P/PM locally, regionally or globally. Become an iReporter; share newsworthy information with others around the world.
- Personal Stories – Stories have been used for millennia for sharing knowledge and information; 3-10 pages, up to 2,500 words. Get personal; tell a story about a project or P/PM career-related experience. Share your personal experiences; change someone else’s life!
Share your knowledge and experience; advance your career and reputation; reach a global audience. Consider submitting an article, paper or other original work for publication in the PMWJ.
All authors featured in the PM World Journal will have an AUTHOR SHOWCASE webpage in the PM World Library – a personal archive for those who create and share P/PM knowledge.
See WHO BENEFITS to better understand the value of sharing knowledge.
See AUTHOR GUIDELINES for paper submission rules and formats.
See COPYRIGHT POLICY to understand who owns your work.
See AUTHOR AGREEMENT to better understand how we work with you.
The PM World Journal is not a refereed journal. All submittals are reviewed by the managing editor for quality and appropriateness; all submittals are subject to rejection, but most are accepted. We encourage authors, both experienced and new to the field, to share their experiences and knowledge. Someone in the world will find the information useful.
It’s easy! Just email your article or paper to firstname.lastname@example.org.