An example of leadership: Letter from the new AEDIP president; Construction industry event organized by PMI Madrid Chapter on March 23rd 2017
By Alfonso Bucero
International Correspondent & Editorial Advisor
An example of Leadership. Letter from the new AEDIP President to their membership
Dª Leticia Sauco Sevilla. Presidente
“Welcome to AEDIP”
Mrs. Leticia Sauco Sevilla, as a new AEDIP (Asociación Española de Dirección Integrada de proyectos de Construcción) President, is writing to her membership presenting her future vision about the association.
The vision that renews AEDIP from 1994 is the organization’s competitiveness in the national and international market for each economy cycle. Under the main influence of customer’s needs, services demand is changing constantly. The second force that generates a constant speed to our association is the technology force; that besides the capital’s flow there where investment opportunities exist, guides our organizations on continuous improvement, new risks assumptions, with the only aim of customer satisfaction.
The key difference between an AEDIP member and one Company that does not belong to AEDIP is the corporate social responsibility degree. AEDIP represents the common effort from a professional society represented by, as in our case, the most recognized firms that are aware of that and they invest to have in Spain and further, an efficient and effective quality service according to our century.
The future objectives for customer satisfaction are as follows
- The radical understanding of building and infrastructure are an asset that needs to maintain its economic value in the market.
- Any collaboration contract or any Alliance needs a reliable control of the maintenance during equipment amortization, it needs to determine the real replacement value and a hard management task to conquer social aims and objectives proposed by the promoter, besides the right risk management at the design and execution phase
- Certifiable energetic efficiency is a problem in our society, in Europe and worldwide; and, thus, our buildings and infrastructures should be sustainable.
- The “Building Information Modelling” BIM is a basic instrument on the hands of the Project Manager and the Promoter to make a more efficient process, the investment and the final asset. BIM will mean on the following years a radical cultural change in the collaboration process along the whole building and infrastructure life cycle; the parametric model demands changes in the process management. Changes need to be absorbed, educated and improved.
- Training is the continuous task at the different organization levels that will accomplish its purpose with a right follow up from the Consulting team; the skill change based on knowledge is not enough, because the project is the vehicle that introduces the true change and contributes to sustainability in the society where building and infrastructure gives its service.
About the Author
International Correspondent – Spain
Alfonso Bucero, MSc, PMP, PMI-RMP, PfMP, PMI Fellow, is an International Correspondent and Contributing Editor for the PM World Journal in Madrid, Spain. Mr. Bucero is also founder and Managing Partner of BUCERO PM Consulting. Alfonso was the founder, sponsor and president of the PMI Barcelona Chapter until April 2005, and belongs to PMI’s LIAG (Leadership Institute Advisory Group). He was the past President of the PMI Madrid Spain Chapter, and now nominated as a PMI EMEA Region 8 Component Mentor. Alfonso has a Computer Science Engineering degree from Universidad Politécnica in Madrid and is studying for his Ph.D. in Project Management. He has 29 years of practical experience and is actively engaged in advancing the PM profession in Spain and throughout Europe. He received the PMI Distinguished Contribution Award on October 9th, 2010 and the PMI Fellow Award on October 22nd 2011. Mr. Bucero can be contacted at email@example.com.
To see other works by Alfonso Bucero, visit his author showcase in the PM World Library at http://pmworldlibrary.net/authors/alfonso-bucero/